CTFAS Webinar: China Cosmetic Regulatory Reform by Roy Lu & Gerrard Liu
- CTFAS Webinar: China Cosmetic Regulatory Reform
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Did you know that the new Cosmetic Law (known as CSAR) has recently been implemented in China and will take effect on 1st January 2021?
The cosmetic industry is generally excited to witness the regulatory reform and hopes that the modernisation of the supervision framework would boost cosmetic innovation and industry development. However, there are also various speculations on the potential challenges and complexities introduced by CSAR and its sub-regulations.
In this webinar, our speakers will provide you with some insightful overview of the changes and directions of the China Cosmetic Reform.
Date: 25th August 2020, Tuesday
Time: 3.30pm – 5.30pm (Singapore Time, GMT+8)
- Overview of China cosmetic regulatory reform.
- China’s new overarching cosmetic regulation – CSAR
- Draft measures of cosmetics registration
Fee: S$50 per registrant (Confirmed registrants will receive a Webinar access link 2 days before the Webinar)
Remarks: Registration is only confirmed upon payment received
Registration Deadline: 25th August 2020, 1100hrs (GMT+8)
**Please register online and make payment by 25th August 2020, 1100hrs (GMT+8) to secure your seat**
For further enquiries, please email [email protected]
Stay Safe; Take care
Meet Your Trainers:
Roy Lu was an executive committee member in CTFAS from April 2017 – February 2020 and was a member of the Public Relations and Communications Committee in ASEAN Cosmetic Association (ACA) from Aug 2017 – Feb 2020. He is currently serving the CTFAS as the Head of Regulatory and International Affairs Workgroup. He has vast experiences in the consumer product industry as a regulatory affairs team leader in the Asia-Pacific region, especially in China. Roy has an in-depth understanding of cosmetics regulatory compliance, registration and relevant regulations.
Roy graduated from Shanghai University with a Master’s degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He is currently the Director of Regulatory Affairs and Product Integrity for Estée Lauder, Asia Pacific. Prior to this, Roy has amassed a wealth of experience in Regulatory Affairs, his prior experiences include:
- Director and Head of Regulatory Affairs in Coty, Asia Pacific (Oct 2016 – Mar 2019)
- Senior Manager of Regulatory Affairs in Procter & Gamble, Asia Pacific (Apr 2012 – Oct 2016)
- Manager of Regulatory Affairs in Procter & Gamble, China (Aug 2008 – Apr 2012)
Gerrard Liu graduated from the University of Leeds with a Master’s Degree of Science in the field of Polymer and Surface Coating Science and Technology. He has 4 years of experience working in the capital city of China, Beijing. Since relocating to Singapore, he has served 10 years in Johnson and Johnson. Currently, Gerrard is the Head of Regulatory Strategy for Johnson and Johnson, APAC Skin Health and Taiwan/Hong Kong.
Gerrard’s prior experiences include:
- Working in Johnson and Johnson
- Director of Regulatory Affairs in Oral care and Wound care, APAC (Jul 2018 – Jun 2019)
- Senior Manager of Regulatory Affairs in Wound Care and Oral Care, APAC (Feb 2017 – Jun 2018)
- Senior Manager of Regulatory Affairs in Skin Care, APAC (Nov 2014 – Feb 2017)
- Regulatory Affairs Manager (Aug 2010 – Oct 2014)
- Working in Beijing, China
- Regulatory Affairs Manager in DSM (Jan 2009 – Aug 2010)
- Product Safety and Registration Lead in Dystar (2007 – 2008)
- Junior Registration Manager in Loreal, Beijing (2005 – 2007)